About Oxfordshire Breastfeeding Support
At our Rebirth Party in April 2018, ltr: Lisa Mansour, Charlotte Gilman, MP Anneliese Dodds, OBS Chair Juliet Rayment, Jayne Joyce & Emily Tammam
Oxfordshire Breastfeeding Support aims to improve the physical and mental health of women, babies and families. We have been working with families since 2006, offering free, specialist breastfeeding support for babies of all ages in Oxfordshire. We provide a vital service in an informal and friendly environment, with evidence-based information and skilled practical help. We offer multiple weekly drop-in sessions and 24/7 online breastfeeding support via Facebook.
You can read more about our mission and vision, what to expect at our drop-ins, information for visiting student health professionals and our various reports and policies. We rely on donations, can you help? We are also currently looking to recruit new trustees.
Who We Are
|Our Team||Our Volunteers||Our Trustees|
We greatly appreciated the support of national Baby Café network and NCT during the 12 years we ran our group of franchises as Oxford Baby Cafés Group. Our rebirth as an independent local charity in April 2018 enabled us to apply for much-needed funding to continue our work. We changed our name and look but everything else about our service has continued as before.
Our work in the news
(some under our previous incarnation as Oxford Baby Cafés Group)
- Coverage of Our Rebirth Party in the Oxford Mail - Oxford baby group holds relaunch
- Thanks to CALA Homes for their bursary - Oxford based Breastfeeding Support Group, Oxford BabyCafés Group, has received £1,000 Funding from CALA Homes as part of the housebuilder’s new bursary scheme
- Lisa speaks about our work in the Oxford Times - Having an impact on mums. Erin Lyons talks to the woman helping with breastfeeding at Oxford's Baby Cafés Group
- Oxford Baby Cafés are making a difference
- Un soutien à l'allaitement pas comme les autres (in French)