Clinical Director Recruitment
We welcome applications for flexible working - if you would like to apply for a specific subset of responsibilities outlined here (for example the team and public facing part but not the volunteer supervision part), please apply and tell us what your ideal role looks like. You are also welcome to contact us before applying to discuss this.
- 5.5 hours per week (15% of full time equivalent)
- Flexible working pattern
- Permanent contract
£47,000 pro rata (£587.50/month)
- Predominantly remote working
- Regular attendance at in-person OBS sessions, team meetings, volunteer supervision meetings/training and other meetings within Oxfordshire. The candidate will have significant control over when and how often physical meetings will take place but must have a commitment to regular physical presence in Oxfordshire.
28 days pro rata (including bank holidays)
- Study budget/continuing professional development allowance
- Various training provided by OBS (for example, Equality, Diversity & Inclusion training)
- Statutory benefits (qualifying criteria apply)
Oxfordshire Breastfeeding Support Operations Lead
Overview of the role
The Clinical Director will provide leadership and clinical supervision for our team of specialist breastfeeding facilitators. They will work closely with OBS trustees, the Operations Lead and other non-clinical team members to ensure and develop the provision of high-quality, equitable feeding support. The Clinical Director will represent OBS in relationships with other local and national providers that relate to clinical practice. We expect that around two thirds of your time will be spent in this team and public facing area.
The Clinical Director will be the go-to person for new and established OBS volunteers. They will induct new volunteers, arrange volunteer team meetings and supervision sessions and support the development of both individual volunteers and the volunteer team. In this aspect of the role they will work closely with the administrative team, who act as contact points for prospective volunteers and provide administrative support for the volunteer team. We expect that around one third of your time will be spent in this volunteer facing area.
Although this role can stand alone, it may best be fulfilled by someone who is also providing clinical facilitation work for OBS. You can apply for clinical facilitation work via the single application form (button below) and you can find the Facilitator role description here.
Please download the full Clinical Director role description and person specification for further details.